Folding doors open your complete building to the exterior
Accordion folding doors, by Hawkeye Windows, are truly a unique concept that has become popular for both its design and functionality. Featuring multi-panels that can either be stacked to one side or split in the middle, the accordion folding doors, also called bifold doors, are ideal for kitchen decks or patio entryways. Yet, our folding doors’ versatility doesn’t stop there. These flexible panels may fold to the interior of your home to accommodate the traffic flow in your patio; or fold to the exterior, offering uninterrupted floor space inside your home. Either way, our folding doors will increase your home’s wow factor and substantially increase your home’s natural lighting and panoramic view.
Typically consisting of three or more panels, folding doors appear as a glass wall when closed and offer the convenience of extending your living space and merging the inside with the outside when fully opened. The open panels may be visibly stacked to one or both sides or hidden from view inside a wall pocket.
Folding doors benefits
Many benefits are available when incorporating a folding door system in the design of your home. The sleek design and narrow frame lines produce a minimalistic and modern, contemporary flare. The expansive size of most folding doors will naturally be a bold and dazzling focal point of your home and blur the lines of traditional living spaces. For those in need of an additional area for entertaining, bifold doors offer seamless flexibility to merge inside spaces with exterior patio spaces.
Options for our accordion folding doors include a choice of thresholds to accommodate zero entry or step entry and a number of track types such as straight, curve or 90º. Also available are a selection of screen types, colors, material selection, glass types and security to suit your preferences and décor styles.
Hawkeye’s accordion folding doors can be incorporated into patios, balconies, kitchens, doorways, and living rooms to maximize the space and create an illusion of substantial space. In balconies, the folding doors bring the outside into the home. The accordion folding doors in between the living room and patio combine the two living spaces. It creates wide space while hosting family dinners and allow the traffic to flow within two spaces.
Folding doors can be installed to create a partition between two spaces. Large expansive panes create a beautiful, and sophisticated touch to the house. These doors are flexible and durable. The partition between a kitchen and living room gives you the flexibility to create an open or enclosed kitchen at the same time.
Hawkeye Windows and Doors offer a wide variety of customizing options.
Customization options while choosing the folding doors for your space:
The number of panels for our folding doors
At Hawkeye, you can customize the accordion folding doors by choosing the number of glass panels. These doors are large doors and the number of glass panels depends upon the space of folding doors installation. The larger the space, the more glass panels are required.
Color of the folding doors
The color of the folding doors is customizable. Hawkeye provides you with a wide range of color palettes that compliments the interiors and architecture of your living space.
- Wood grain: Wood grain-colored frames are made up of aluminum but with a natural wooden appearance. The aluminum provides security and durability to the exterior accordion doors whereas, the wooden texture fulfils the purpose of aesthetic appearance.
- Dual colored: Dual-colored accordion folding doors are a common choice among homeowners of modern houses. You can choose a sophisticated or neutral color for the interior folding door and choose a wood grain for the exterior of a folding door.
- White and neutrals: White and neutral shades of folding doors give a simple, fresh, unique, and minimalistic look to the house. White-colored frames complement well with PVC frames. White and other neutral shades create an illusion of a bright and spacious house.
- Bright shades: Bright and vivid shades of an accordion glass door, add character to your personality and the residential unit. You can choose different bright colors for interior and exterior accordion doors.
- Black and grey: Black and grey glass folding doors are a popular option for a modern and sleek-looking house. Black-like white shades give a minimalistic appearance to the house. Black and grey dual-colored are a perfect combination for glass folding doors if you want to go for a sophisticated look.
Type of glass for folding doors
Accordion folding doors come in numerous configurations. These configurations allow you to choose the perfect type of bifold door that defines the aesthetic and architecture of the house. While selecting glass, it is necessary to keep factors in mind like thermal efficiency and noise cancellation. It is vital to choose a glass that reduces the loss of heat. Make sure that you install thermally efficient glass to reduce your heat bills.
If you live in noisy surroundings, then make sure to get a double pane glass folding door to reduce the external noise.
- Low e-coated glass: Low e-coated glass is a peculiar glass that reflects ultraviolet and infrared rays while regulating the room temperature. The layer of e-coating is on the interior side of the glass. It is a transparent layer, so it does not make the interior environment darker. It allows natural light, and thermal waves, henceforth, environment efficient.
- Double Pane Glass: Double pane glass for folding doors is popular among homeowners. Double pane doors use two expansive panes of glass enclosed and have air space in between. Double pane glass is insulating, helps in noise reduction, regulates the room temperature, offers a clear view outside, and allows the influx of natural light.
- Laminated glass: Laminated glass for folding doors has an inner plastic layering. This is safety glass that has multiple layers and reduces the risk of injury if it breaks. The interior plastic reduces noise penetration, reflects the UV rays, is unbreakable, and makes the glass stronger than other types of glass.
- Tempered glass: This glass is the ideal material for folding glass doors. Tempered glass is a chemically processed glass that goes under changes to make it stronger than ordinary glass. Also, it’s shatterproof and resistant to harsh weather conditions. Tempered glass for folding doors is stress-resistant and unbreakable.
Type of frames
- Wooden: Wooden frames for accordion folding doors have been a part of the tradition for a long time. Along with expansive glass panes in accordion folding doors, the wooden frames will blur the line between traditional and contemporary interior design and they will give a natural appearance to the house. A glass folding door, encapsulated by wooden frames, enhances security. The frame is strong and durable. Above all, these wooden doors require less maintenance. You can clean the frames with a wood cleaning spray and a piece of cloth. Hawkeye Windows and Doors offers a vast timberland of wood species.
- Aluminum: Aluminum frames for exterior accordion doors is recommended because of their durability, strength, and longevity. Aluminum frames are lightweight, low maintenance, and long-lasting. These frames have a high tensile strength and do not bend or warp under weather conditions. Additionally, the aluminum frames can be painted according to the preferable color. These frames are strong and slim providing a modern look to the house. However, aluminum frames are costly, but once you invest the money, these frames last for a long time.
- UPVC: UPVC frames for accordion folding doors are less expensive and lightweight. These doors are budget-friendly and low maintenance. However, because of their lightweight and less strength are prone to bending problems.
Corner posts are an impressive addition to your living space. The corner posts refer to the replacement of two walls with bifold doors. That means choosing an area of the house to remove the wall and install a bifold door. Undoubtedly, corner posts are a great way of turning a room into a substantial space, and connecting the outdoors with the inside.
Ask Hawkeye how you can easily add a bifold door into your type of property, regardless of the existing architecture.